service agreement definitions
In this Service Agreement “Agreement”, “you” and “your” refer to each “customer.” Including each (agent) you designate to act on your behalf. “La Tejana” herein shall refer to its business, company, its members, managers, and installers. This Agreement explains our obligations to you, and your obligations to us in relation to the service(s) you purchase. If you designate a person to act on our behalf, you agree that this person is your agent with full authority to act on your behalf with respect to such services and your home. La Tejana will not accept or schedule an installation without an agreement and payment of required deposit minimum. Please refer to the accompanying Service Order or specific information regarding the day and time of your requested service (job) specific to your installation. By using our service, you agree to the terms of this agreement, without modification by you or your designated agents.
About our Estimates
La Tejana will provide an estimate of cost and material usage to the customer. The estimate may be written or delivered verbally. La Tejana will use the customer’s verbal description to approximate as closely as possible the described layout; however, La Tejana will not be responsible for any changes in design, product, color, or location after installation has begun. If customer requests changes to any or all portions of completed work, customer will be responsible for original and changed installation costs. Electrical cords and electrical accessories are included in the estimated price; however, additional charges will apply for any items to be decorated which extend 50 feet or more from an originating power source or if excessive or unique electrical supplies are needed. The customer will be notified of any surcharges. For safety and quality purposes, all lights, electrical cords, and accessories have to be provided or approved by La Tejana. The estimate is an approximated price and may vary from the actual price. Customer requested additions and/or changes to the original estimate may result in increasing the actual price. All pricing discussions must be made directly with the Project Manager or the Office Manager at (210) 857-1141. La Tejana’s Field Staff (Installers) are not permitted to calculate final pricing except for the Project Manager.
About invoices, deposits and payments
Customer will be invoiced before the installers begin on all new installations and take downs.
We require a 50% deposit in order to schedule your installation and the remainder of your payment is due upon completion of your installation. We usually email the customer an invoice for the deposit which can be paid online or you may write a check out to La Tejana and give it to the project manager. In the event that the customer needs to leave or will not be otherwise present during the installation, payment may be given to the Project Manager at the time of invoice or checks can be left in an agreed upon area such as under the front door mat. Payments not received by the due date as stated on the invoice are subject to loss of discounts and a 50.00 per day late penalty. Disputes and charge-backs to the credit card company will result in a $50.00 fee. Check payments that do not clear the bank will result in a $50.00 return check fee. Take Down of lights will be scheduled in January and the take down payment will be due on that day.
What our standard pricing covers
La Tejana reserves the right to reject service to any property deemed unsafe by La Tejana. If property is deemed unsafe by us we will refund a minimum of 50% of the customer’s prepaid deposit.
Our pricing includes:
- Use of a stated quantity of lights and electrical accessories from the installation date through no later than the end of January the following year.
- Single-time installation of lights according to a layout planned and approved by the homeowner. La Tejana will fasten light strands to fascia boards using either white or brown metal binder clips or plastic fascia clips and secured with staples where needed including corners and peaks. If standard fastening methods (such as hot glue guns etc.) are not possible, additional charges may apply.
- La Tejana is not responsible for paint chipping or staple holes on fascia boards or roofing shingles. La Tejana cannot guarantee consistent light bulb orientation due to twisting nature of light strands. La Tejana also reserves the right to take and use photographs or video of the customer’s property for marketing and media purposes.
The homeowner must provide La Tejana clear access to safe and adequate electricity commensurate with the volume of lights requested by the customer. La Tejana will require enough free circuits to successfully handle the electrical load of the lighting package.
- High wattage devices such as refrigerators or hair dryers must not be tethered to the lighting package circuits.
- La Tejana will not be held responsible for inadequate, faulty, or overloaded electrical sources at the place of service.
- If circuit breakers frequently need to be reset, this is often an indication of inadequate power supply and may require a service call to locate additional clean circuits and redistribute power.
- Customer may be required to provide electrical connection from inside the house.
- Customers requesting large lighting packages may need to consult with their electrician to provide additional power sources commensurate with package needs.
- Persistent moisture such as rain will create an increase in electrical resistance up to double the load of the lighting package in dry weather.
- If the lighting package frequently resets circuit breakers in wet weather, the customer will be responsible for providing additional clean circuits to La Tejana for redistributing the power load or continue to reset the breakers as needed.
- Customers should not tether personal lights or appliances to the lights installed by La Tejana as it may result in exceeding fuse or circuit limits and may require a service call resulting in a fee.
About our Service Calls
La Tejana will test all lighting at completion of installation and will leave project fully functional.
La Tejana will provide the customer with a one-time free service call between install date and December 24th at 5:00 pm central standard time; however, a $75.00 per hour fee with a minimum of 1 hour will apply to repairs that result from the following:
- Tampering by animals such as chewing through wires.
- Changes made by customer such as tethering personal/additional lights to the installation provided by La Tejana.
- Bulb, Fuse replacement and/or troubleshooting of non-working lights, extension cords, timers and connections purchased by customer (Materials that were not provided by La Tejana).
- There will be no service calls between December 24th at 5:00 pm Central Standard Time and 9:00 am Central Standard Time on December 26th as we would also like to enjoy the holiday with our families.
The above are terms and conditions of sale must be read and agreed upon and are a binding contract.
about our warranty
La Tejana lighting packages come with a 2-year warranty which covers all light strands, timers, extension cords, connectors, bulbs and fuse replacement for free for the entire season.