- Slow-growing, rounded, evergreen shrub
- Pink flowers bloom sporadically, mainly in spring & summer
- Likes sun or partial shade and regular water
- Needs rich, well-drained soil
- Takes pruning, use as hedge, foreground plantings or woodland gardens
Loropetalum Plum or otherwise known as Plum Delight, it can reach 6-8 feet in height and width. Distinctive plum colored foliage and pink fringy flowers make this shrub stand out. But what makes the Loropetalum a favorite of gardeners and landscape designers is not only its unique visual elements, but also that it is a tough plant with very little pests and it is easy to grow and maintain.
This partial evergreen shrub prefers moist but well-drained soil, but it is very adaptable to less than ideal conditions. It has a fast growth rate so in order to keep it shaped or in a hedge, it needs to be pruned often. Loropetalum grows best in full sun to partial shade. It needs the sun to maintain its dark foliage, a full and dense shape, and bloom well.
Common Names: Chinese Fringe-flower, Fringe Flower, Loropetalum, Purple-leaved Chinese Fringe-flower