- Easy to grow tender tropical plant.
- Very large upright leaves resemble giant elephant ears.
- 3′ across wavy-edge leaves with thick green stems.
- Grows best when temps stay above 50 F.
- Fertilize every 2 weeks with 20-20-20 fertilizer.
Elephant Ears Calidora (also known as the Persian Palm) is a spectacular giant alocasia variety with classically shaped dark green tropical leaves and a very upright form. A great focal point in gardens, elephant ear Calidora can reach 4-8 feet in height. It prefers partial to full shade. Elephant Ear varieties are hardy in zones 7-10 as perennials and suitable in zones 4-6 as annuals. They are popular as annuals due to their rapid growth making a dramatic impact to the landscape within just one season.